The Girl Scouts

To an adult, the girl scouts represent a group that is frequently hawking their cookies. Now I am not saying that these cookies are not delicious. However it seems that I am constantly being hit up to buy some of these things. Luckily such a purchase serves two causes. I get to eat delicious cookies. And the girl scouts get some of their activities funded.

The importance of the girl scouts has a different meaning to a young boy scout. Although the boy and girl scouts are separate, I often find that their meetings coincide at the same place and location. Furthermore, families that are active in scouting will usually belong to both boy and girl scouts depending on the gender of the children. I have heard it from a boy scouts mouth that an exciting part of their weekly meeting is the opportunity to be near some cute girl scouts. That sounds about right to me.